WHY BUILD MODULAR?
- Significantly faster construction time
- 10% cost saving on materials
- Up to 20% cheaper overall than conventional builds
- Physical prototypes help with design assessment
- Less material wastage
- Much safer work environment
- Less maintenance when operational
- Less damage in a big quake
- Better acoustic performance than traditional builds.
VOLUMETRIC MODULAR CONSTRUCTION - HARD TO SAY, EASY TO DO
Volumetric modular construction is about building your hotel in an off-site factory as ready-to-go units. Assembly takes place on site. Whole units are craned and bolted into place as soon as they're delivered. When the modules are in place the façade is attached by cherry picker, eliminating the need for scaffolding. Services and final commissioning are completed during cladding.
DON'T WASTE TIME BUILDING A HOTEL
Volumetric modular construction is new to New Zealand, but overseas it's well proven. Hardly surprising when you see how much money and time it saves. Keeping the bulk of construction indoors means that work goes on safely in all weathers, reducing costly, unpredictable site time drastically. You can even see your rooms in prototype form before you commit to the design. Typically, the modules for a six floor building are installed in two weeks and then taken to completion in two months.
ALTO AUSTRALIA MODULAR - SAVING BUILD TIME FOR OVER 30 YEARS
Matrix uses a modular system developed by Alto Australia. Alto Australia has 30 years experience in this kind of construction and they've been involved in these large-scale projects all over Australia:
- Unilodge, Casuarina Student Accommodation
- Diploma Group - Rio Tinto, Wickham Lodge
- Mantra Hotel, Perth CBD
- Hotel, Brisbane CBD (150 rooms)
- Pindan Group, Curtin University, Kalgoorlie
- INPEX Accommodation Village, Darwin (4000 rooms)
- FMG Accommodation Village (2000 rooms, 2 storey).
The Matrix/Alto Australia system is as tough as it is fast. It's steel construction meets or exceeds all wind and earthquake standards and is designed for fire protection. Factory quality control and test procedures eliminate the variations of a site build and make for a much safer work environment with less construction wastage. There's also less maintenance when the building is complete. For guests there's no sense at all of a compromise in quality. Typically the standard of accommodation ranges from 3.5 to 4.5 stars while discontinuous floors and ceilings improve acoustic performance.
To get started yesterday, talk to Simon at Matrix today!
027 567 4986